I find the New Year to be a great time to reflect on people and events that I’m truly grateful for from 2012 and set my intentions for the coming year.
Let me begin by saying a big thanks to you, my readers, for checking out my blog and for supporting my dreams by purchasing my novels. Without you, my dreams could never become a reality.
I feel incredibly grateful to my husband who pushed me to try again to get My Body-His published in 2012. Having someone supporting you in pursuit of your dreams is invaluable. I’m grateful for Catherine from Fanny Press who saw and sees the value in my writing.
I’m grateful for my daughter who is an exceptional teenager and makes me feel like the best mother in the world and for my two stepdaughters and family that I love so much. I so appreciate my family and close friends for their enthusiasm and support of me chasing my dreams.
I’m hugely grateful to have found a man who encourages me to be me and for loving me all the while. Isn’t that what we are all looking for?
And finally, I’m grateful to myself for taking better care of my body and spirit this year and taking the risk of seeking publishing for my dark erotic novels.
I read an article the other day “Five Things You Can Do Instead of New Year’s Resolution” by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D. which suggested that instead of setting your New Year’s resolutions you would serve yourself better by doing these five things:
- Write yourself a letter from your future self, letting you know what accomplishments you made in 2013. Kind of like positive projection from your older self. (We did a dream list instead which was a lot of fun to do.)
- List your favorite moments and accomplishments from 2012. (I like this one a lot. I think it’s too easy to focus on the negative and far more helpful to our overall outlook if we focus on the positive.)
- She goes on to suggest that we should make a list of the five things we are most looking forward to in 2013. (We decided to create a list of intentions.)
- List what you are grateful for. (See above. That was my list from Thanksgiving which is another yearly tradition.)
- Lastly, make a commitment to someone else. She recommends donating your time or money to a cause you care about.
I have set a handful of intentions for the new year and I will share a few of them with you:
- I will continue to take great care of my body and spirit and to increase my fitness while maintaining my current weight. (There is nothing better than exercise to keep me grounded and positive.)
- I will finish My Body-Mine, the third novel in the My Body Trilogy no later than March 1st. I plan to have the first draft done by the end of January but want to have plenty of time to edit and rework as necessary.
- As soon as MBM is finalized, I will help my husband finish, edit and get his novel published. I’m very excited to help him accomplish his dreams as well.
- Find more cool places to hike in the Northwest! Have any suggestions for me?
I would love to hear what you have set for your intentions in the New Year. Please share with us.
Check back next week for my blog called Pussywillow. 😉
Warm hugs and safe partying,
Please feel free to friend me on Facebook by clicking here.
Or follow the My Body Trilogy Facebook page by clicking here.
Find My Body-His Marcello (book two) for pre-sale on Amazon here.