My husband recently shared with me an article called 13 Reasons Every Woman Should Masturbate Regularly. Before I delve into Alanna Vagianos’s reasons, I’d like to reiterate a couple of my own.
Women my age, most especially, should masturbate regularly. It keeps our sexuality alive and keeps the most important parts moist. There wisdom in “use it or lose it.” Plus ladies, it feels wonderful!
Alanna’s list is great. Definitely check out her article. Here’s my favs from her blog:
2. You become more comfortable with your body. (Concurs with my statements above.)
4. It helps you sleep. (I have found this to be true.)
6. Masturbating can ease body aches and menstrual pain. (I have shared this gem with my daughter.)
12. There are no downsides to it. (Pleasure is good!)
7. It relieves stress. (I saved this one for last because, oh boy, it really does help.)
I’d like to think that, in this day and age, there is no shame imposed on masturbation, but I imagine there still is. Let’s make sure not to pass it on to the next generation.
As an author of erotic stories, I may have underutilized the masturbation concept. Jacqs does masturbate twice in Stuck in Between to release sexual tension, but I’ve never included it as a regular part of a character’s life. The women in my stories usually spend a good deal of their time having partnered sex. Perhaps it’s time for a character to self-sooth using masturbation. Samantha maybe? Would you like to read about a female well versed in masturbation techniques? What do you think? Please let me know.